Information about your rights
- You have a right to be informed of how we are using your data. This document should address this for you but if you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have a right to object at which point we will stop all activities involving your data immediately.
- All contacts held within the SRPe database are entitled to receive a copy of the information that is held on them at any time. There will be no charge for this service. You will be asked to provide suitable proof that you are the contact before any details are disclosed.
- All contacts held within the SRPe database are entitled to amend the information held at any time. There will be no charge for this service. You will be asked to provide suitable proof that you are the contact before any changes are made.
- All contacts held within the SRPe database are entitled to have their records removed from SRPe at any time. There will be no charge for this service. You will be asked to provide suitable proof that you are the contact before any changes are made.
- If you need your data in a format that can be transferred into another system or media, we are able to provide this in the almost universally accepted format of CSV. You will be asked to provide suitable proof that you are the contact before any information is released.
- If you don't like how we are using your data, you can contact us at any time to tell us to restrict processing. In these circumstances, your data would be held but not used for any purposes you object to. You are still within your rights to have your details removed entirely if you choose. You will be asked to provide suitable proof that you are the contact before any changes are made.
If you would like further information on your rights under GDPR, please visit the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights
What information does SRPe collect?
We want to provide you with full visibility to the types of personal data we collect from you. This information is:
Basic personal details. When you subscribe to the SRPe newsletter, we will ask you to provide some basic details: your name, email address, and company name. This will be stored by SRPe on our newsletter database and never shared with any third parties. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe'. If you ever wish to change or remove any information, please feel free to get in touch email@example.com and we will be happy to do this.
Other data. In some cases, SRPe may also collect anonymous, non-personal data from its website-users, including but not limited to the type of device you are using to view our website, or how you found the SRPe website. This is never held together with any personal data.
The purposes for which we use this information
The personal data that we collect is used for the purpose of (but not limited to):
- Contacting subscribers in order to inform them of events, services and other activities of interest
- Enabling us to develop, improve and manage SRPe activities by better understanding our users
Lawful Basis for Processing. The lawful basis for processing is legitimate interest. In order to maintain membership functions or recruit new members, we require to store relevant information for these purposes. This is stated in the ICO justification document as: "Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual's personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)"
Justification for processing. Contact information is stored for the reasons stated above. This is stated in the ICO justification document as: "The legitimate interests can be your own interests or the interests of third parties. They can include commercial interests, individual interests or broader societal benefits."
Your personal data
Your personal data is stored by SRPe and not shared with any third parties.
As clarified above, SRPe will use subscriber information provided to us for marketing, administration, statistical analysis and promotional purposes. We contact our subscribers by email unless specified otherwise.
In the interests of collaboration, we may occasionally make email introductions between organisations. In such cases, members will be contacted before details are passed on and will have the option to refuse to have specific information disclosed.
SRPe takes all reasonable measures to ensure that the information held is accurate.
You have a right to know what information we have collected about you as well as the right to have incorrect, incomplete, unnecessary or outdated data removed. Please see below for further details.
Recording Consent. SRPe will electronically record the consent of all contacts added to our system from 25th May 2018
Right of Access. All contacts held within SRPe's database are entitled to receive a copy of the information that SRPe holds on them at any time. There will be no charge for this disclosure.
Right of Amendment. All contacts held within SRPe's database are entitled to amend the information held by SRPe at any time. There will be no charge for this disclosure.
Right of Removal. All contacts held within SRPe's database are entitled to have their records removed at any time. There will be no charge for this disclosure.
If you ever want to remove or change any of your data, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will aim to resolve this without delay.
Retention of data
SRPe will hold contact data only for as long as the information is relevant to SRPe activities.
SRPe stores data using approved secure procedures. Websites are hosted by third party organisations using their own server security. We also have our own internal security software installed and use a password system for individual access. All computer equipment used by SRPe is secured with passwords, firewalls, anti-virus/malware software and other measures in place. All data recorded on third party systems is protected with their own security systems and each service maintains their own privacy policies. If you require more detail on all third party systems used by SRPe, please email us at email@example.com.
SRPe sends out regular newsletters and communications to subscribers, listing upcoming events and other items of interest. These are sent via Mailchimp and use their own systems for security. All our newsletters will have an unsubscribe option if you would like to opt out.
SRPe will not add anyone to their newsletter unless consent has been received and recorded.
SRPe takes all reasonable measures to ensure that the information held is accurate, and relies on subscribers to keep us up to date with contact details. SRPe cannot take responsibility for errors related to information that has not been passed on.
Data received via email enquiries will be used solely to follow up your enquiry.
Our sites use one essential cookie and one cookie for Google Analytics. This will not collect any personal information on visitors to the site and will only be used for statistical purposes.
When you visit one of our sites, a Google Analytics cookie will be written to your computer. We use the statistical information to improve the site and see which areas are of most interest to our visitors.
If you do not wish to be included, please disable cookies and clear all temporary internet files from your browser.
Please note, this may result in loss of some functionality of this site and others.